On today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we cover a huge variety of really interesting topics with real estate investor Tom Sylvester (yes, that rhymes!)
Tom has been investing in the Rochester, NY area for several years and has a great perspective on getting started, building systems to manage your business, investing in rural areas (or as Brandon says, “rrrrrurrral”,) and a whole lot more.
Don’t miss a second of this excellent interview!
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show, We Cover
- Tom’s early lessons
- The advantages and disadvantages to rural investing
- Finding mentors and networking
- Talking with your spouse about getting started with real estate
- Getting started with real estate at a young age
- When is the right time to quit your day job?
- Red flags for problem tenants
- The $10 Toilet part that could have saved Tom hundreds of dollars
- And much more.
Links from the Show
- Investing in Rural Markets: The Secret to Real Estate Investing Success?
- The Top 100 Ways To Make Money In Real Estate
- How to Get Started With $100 blog post by Tom
- Keyword Alerts
- How To Survive When Your Spouse Doesn’t Believe In Your Dream
- How to Start Investing In Real Estate at a Young Age (or a “Young at Heart Age”)
- BP Podcast 044: Creating Systems to Flip Houses While Still Employed with Michael Woodward
- Tenant Screening: The Ultimate Guide
- Cashflow 101: Using …read more