How do you like the idea of making double digit returns while not needing to lift a finger with your investments? If so – this is the show for you. On this 47th episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast we sit down with commercial real estate investor and broker Joel Owens to learn strategies for getting started with commercial real estate investing. From apartment complexes to NNN lease investing and a lot more, this show is packed full of tips for investors in all walks of life.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
- How Joel got his start… from Pizza Owner to Apartment Broker/Buyer
- Joel’s first investment… that turned bad quickly
- What makes an A, B, C, and D neighborhood
- How much does it really cost to buy commercial real estate?
- Should someone start with apartments or single family properties?
- Where to find apartment complexes and other commercial properties
- How to determine the value of an apartment
- How to carry out the “Value Add” strategy
- No money down commercial investing?
- Carrying a second mortgage when selling real estate
- NNN Lease Investing – How to get started with this passive investments
- And a LOT more
Links from the Show
- BP Podcast 021 – Marketing Like a Pro with Wholesaler, Jerry Puckett
- Introduction to Real Estate Investment Deal Analysis by J Scott – (Great blog post about analyzing properties)
Books Mentioned in the Show
“You have to have a certain mentality to live next to your tenants… I don’t have that personality.” (Tweet This!)
“If you are used to buying houses, apartment investing is the easiest to get into.” (Tweet This!)
“Real estate is like a roller coaster – …read more