The thought of starting a decorating project is exciting or scary, depending on your experience, your budget, your taste, or your time.
If you’ve never done any decorating at all, you might feel that you don’t know how or where to start. If this is old hat to you, you might not know where to end. But when all is said and done, you want a new look and want to get started. Knowing the biggest mistakes to avoid can be a good starting point. This article in mydearvalentine.com points us what to avoid.
These 10 Decorating don’ts will unimaginably ensure some of the finest décor selections for your home. Knowing the points that should be avoided while decorating homes will in fact serve as a great aid in selecting the perfect themes for decoration. It will make your selection easier and simpler. Without wasting much time, let’s move ahead with the following information on 10 decorating don’ts.
10 Decorating Don’ts for your Home
• Don’t exceed your budget: Always keep in mind that you have a limited budget. Don’t just get carried away seeing all sorts of luxury products at stores. We agree today’s products are breath taking, but you need to control your temptations while shopping for home products.
• Don’t overcrowd your home with furniture: You don’t have to buy each and everything you come across. Decorating home doesn’t mean accumulating all stylish products under one roof. Overstuffing by no means look elegant rather it looks very ugly. Whenever you plan to remodel you home try and get rid of the products that are of no use. Find products that can make your home look more spacious.
• Don’t forget the small aspects: While decorating homes, people always go for replacing the big items of the house. However, the small bits of the house like wall hangings, lamp shades, light fixtures and home furnishings have their own importance in home decoration.
• Don’t rush with the idea of decorating: Home decoration is an activity requiring lots of research and thoughtfulness. Be sure to buy products that match to your personality and interests.
• Don’t go for plastic products: We all know plastic poses a great threat to our health. Find products that are environment-friendly. It will help making your home eco-friendly.
• Don’t go for more than three colors: While choosing color scheme for your home don’t opt for more than three colors in a room. Try out different color combinations that can make your room look fancy and attractive.
• Don’t go for weird matches: Opt for furniture or any luxury product that perfectly matches to your decoration theme. The elements matching to the decoration theme will ultimately enhance the beauty of your entire house.
• Don’t compromise on quality: Look for the quality home products. Don’t just go for looks. Try and test the quality of products before buying them.
• Don’t forget to maintain them: Buying luxurious products is just not enough. One needs to take care of the maintenance and cleaning part of these products to retain their luster and functionality.
• Don’t block the pathways: Avoid keeping furniture in the middle of the pathways. You need to properly organize your furniture to allow the free and easy movement of family members.
These are some of the great tips on decorating homes. These will surely guide to make your home look beautiful and splendid.